Brandon & Ken are back to continue discussion of the new remake/reboot of “Ghostbusters” and the negative reactions to the film by both professional reviewers (really, Mr. Roeper?) and the denizens of Twitter and IMDb who’ve seen nary a frame of it, but apparently hate women.
Later, they review “Stranger Things” on Netflix and discuss the 2016 Primetime Emmy nominations, including the diversity of the nominees, the significance of Tracee Ellis Ross’ nomination, and which performers, shows, and _networks_ got shut out. They also explore the good, bad, and ugly of the 2016 VH1 Hip-Hop Honors Show, Kid Flash being added to The CW’s “The Flash”, who the baby was on Aaliyah’s “Are You That Somebody”, and more – including why far too many celebrities supporting “All Lives Matter” without actually understanding what they’re doing.
• 00:00:24 Intro
• 00:03:40 Film Review: More on “Ghostbusters” (2016)
• 00:13:53 Film News
• 00:37:53 TV Review: “Stranger Things”
• 00:44:03 TV News: 2016 Primetime Emmy Nominations Discussion/Kid Flash Costume
• 00:53:05 TV News Continued
• 01:02:04 Music Discussion/”VH1 Hip-Hop Honors” Discussion
• 01:14:07 Music News: Who Was the Baby on Aaliyah’s “Are You That Somebody”?
• 01:21:36 Ken’s Say Something Nice Challenge
• 01:35:27 A Message from 1968 Olympian John Carlos/Outro
WHERE TO FIND US:
You can subscribe to our show at the following services.
You can also find our show at http://ssnpodcast.com.
Please rate us five stars if you love us on iTunes and Stitcher and we will read your reviews on the show! You can also leave us a voicemail at (404) 954-0349.
Check us out on social media: