Brandon, John & Ali are back from vacation with a show that’s absolutely yu–nope, won’t do it. Big. The show’s really big.
In addition to reviewing the new films “Sully” (aka white “Flight”) and “When the Bough Breaks” (aka the 2016 Sony Negro Horror Picture, in the “Perfect Guy”/”No Good Deed” tradition), we also review the new TV series “Atlanta” (from Donald Glover) and “Queen Sugar” (from Ava DuVernay and Oprah Winfrey) and also discuss the Roger Ailes/Fox News sexual assault and harassment scandal, Geoff Johns and John Berg promising to retool the DC Comics Extended Universe films, CBS’s ho-hum 50th anniversary celebration of “Star Trek”, Monica smiling through shade from Brandy, and Apple’s Sept. 7 iPhone 7 & Apple Watch event – and the resultant fallout. No headphone jack, no problem?
We also discuss the debut of “The Birth of a Nation” at the Toronto International Film Festival to good reviews and little controversy…until Sunday, which found Gabrielle Union being put in the odd position of having to defend the film against Nate Parker’s rape controversy as a rape survivor herself.
• 00:00:00: Intro/Film Reviews
◦ “The Devil Wears Prada” (2006)
◦ “The Martian” (2015)
◦ “Sully” (2016)
◦ “When the Bough Breaks” (2016)
• 00:24:22: Film News: DCEU Apology Tour, “The Birth of a Nation” at TIFF, more
• 00:49:35: TV Reviews
◦ “Atlanta” (FX)
◦ “Queen Sugar” (OWN)
• 01:08:45: TV News: Roger Ailes Sex Scandal, Star Trek 50th & more
• 01:27:31: Breaking News: Gabrielle Union Fields “Birth of a Nation” Controversy at TIFF
• 01:34:00: TV News Wrap-Up: “Black Lightning”, “Empire” & “Riverdale”
• 01:51:58: Music News: Brandy v Monica and Tests from God
• 01:56:44: Tech News: Apple iPhone 7 Event
• 02:23:41: Say Something Nice Challenge
• 02:33:12: Blast from the Past: “His Girl Friday”/Outro
WHERE TO FIND OUR GUESTS:
Ali’s Twitter (King of Thieves):
WHERE TO FIND US:
You can subscribe to our show at the following services.
You can also find our show at http://ssnpodcast.com.
Please rate us five stars if you love us on iTunes and Stitcher and we will read your reviews on the show! You can also leave us a voicemail at (404) 954-0349.
Check us out on social media: