While not quite as old as time, the French fairy tale “Beauty and the Beast” has endured for nearly three centuries as a much-beloved children’s story. With the upcoming release of Disney’s new live-action adaptation, the SSN Podcast crew, with insightful and witty guest commentary from Mo of the TV Movie Mistress Podcast, discuss the impact of Disney’s original 1991 animated version, along with Jean Cocteau’s gothic 1946 French film that inspired it (and featured some amazing capes!).
• 00:00:00: Intro
• 00:11:11: The Traditional Fairy Tale/”La Belle et la Bête” (1946)
• 00:48:11: Intermission: More on “La Belle et la Bête” (1946) (spoilers, if that’s possible)
• 00:50:30: The Making of Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” (1991)
• 01:25:17: Animating “Beauty and the Beast”/The Traditional Animation Process
• 01:40:53: “Beauty and the Beast” Film Review (again, spoilers, if that’s possible)
• 02:15:46: Legacy/Outro
WHERE TO FIND OUR GUEST:
Tv Movie Mistress Podcast:
Mo’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/BookDreamer01
Podcast Twitter: http://twitter.com/TVMovieMistress
WHERE TO FIND US:
You can subscribe to our show at the following services.
You can also find our show at http://ssnpodcast.com.
Please rate us five stars if you love us on iTunes and Stitcher and we will read your reviews on the show! You can also leave us a voicemail at (404) 954-0349.
Check us out on social media: