“Pitch Perfect 2” director Elizabeth Banks was loud and wrong this week as she tried to call out Steven Spielberg for not directing a woman-led film. Of course, Black Twitter laid into dat behind with extremely funny “The Color Purple” memes. The Say Something Nice crew discusses the fallout of Ms. Banks’ faux pas, as well as the Bill Cosby mistrial, new Grammy Awards rules and why a film about the killing of Michael Brown isn’t such a good idea. We ain’t got to see both sides on that one.
• 00:00:00: Intro/Film Reviews
◦ “Make Mine Music” (1946) & “Walt Disney” audiobook by Neal Gabler
◦ “Wonder Woman” (2017)
◦ “The Mummy” (2017)
• 00:07:24: Film News: Michael Brown movie pitch + more
• 00:47:51: TV Reviews
◦ “The Carmichael Show” (NBC, SPOILERS)
◦ “Westworld” (HBO)
◦ “American Gods” (STARZ)
◦ “Orange is the New Black” (Season 5, Netflix)
◦ “House of Cards” (Season 5, Netflix)
• 01:04:45: TV News: Bill Cosby trial + more
• 01:42:01: Music Reviews
◦ TLC – “FanMail” (1999)
◦ “Charlotte’s Web (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)” (1973)
◦ David Banner – “The God Box” (2017)
◦ Big Boi – “Boomiverse” (2017)
◦ B.B. Boogie – “Standing On The Wall” (2017)
◦ SZA – “Ctrl” (2017)
◦ Katy Perry – “Witness” (2017)
• 01:47:00: Music News: Grammys rules changing + more
• 01:57:11: Say Something Nice Challenge/In Memoriam
WHERE TO FIND US:
You can subscribe to our show at the following services.
You can also find our show at http://ssnpodcast.com.
Please rate us five stars if you love us on iTunes and Stitcher and we will read your reviews on the show! You can also leave us a voicemail at (404) 954-0349 or email us at email@example.com.
Want to help support the show? Visit http://ssnpodcast.com/donate/ to leave us a PayPal donation!
Check us out on social media:
The Say Something Nice Podcast Network family explores the best and worst in film, TV, music, pop culture, politics, and society with intelligence, humor, and a multicultural perspective often missing from the mainstream. We laugh, we fuss, and we cuss, all to help you enjoy the good, the bad and the Adam Sandler of life, and how it all connects and relates. We do it all with a healthy dose of passion, humor, and most of all, love…and we’ll always try to Say Something Nice.