William Hanna and Joseph Barbera are known for creating some of the most beloved funny cartoons ever, such as “The Flintstones” and “Yogi Bear.” However, the animation dream team is also responsible for producing some of the most iconic animated action heroes, as well, such as “Jonny Quest,” Space Ghost,” “SWAT Kats” and many more. The SSN Crew, along with returning guest Tim from the Kuroverse Corporation, recount the best and the worst of Hanna-Barbera’s action-adventure shows, and how Cartoon Network and Adult Swim have revived these characters for a new era and new audiences.
• 00:00:00: Intro/Recap of Hanna-Barbera’s Early History
• 01:03:16: The Classic 1960s Hanna-Barbera Superheroes: “Jonny Quest,” “Atom Ant,” “Space Ghost & Dino Boy,” “Frankenstein Jr. & The Impossibles,” “Moby Dick & Mighty Mightor,” “The Herculoids”, “Shazzan,” “Birdman & the Galaxy Trio,” “Young Samson/Samson & Goliath”
• 01:22:13: Action for Children’s Television and Later Hanna-Barbera Heroes: “The Banana Splits Adventure Hour,” “The New Adventures of Tom Sawyer,” “Super Friends,” “Hong Kong Phooey,” “Dynomutt, Dog Wonder”
• 1980s–1990s Hanna-Barbera Heroes: “Challenge of the Go-Bots,” “Galtar and the Golden Lance,” “The Pirates of Dark Water,” “SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron,” “The New Adventures of Captain Planet and the Planeteers”
• 01:36:06: Legacy, “Space Ghost: Coast to Coast” and the Cartoon Network/Adult Swim Shows
WHERE TO FIND US:
You can subscribe to our show at the following services:
You can also find our show at http://ssnpodcast.com.
Please rate us five stars if you love us on iTunes and Stitcher and we will read your reviews on the show! You can also leave us a voicemail at (404) 954-0349 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to help support the show? Visit http://ssnpodcast.com/donate/ to leave us a PayPal donation!