Once upon a time in the 1940s, the most popular comic book superhero in the world was a teenage boy who said a made-up magic word – “Shazam!” – to become an adult superhero with a flash of lightning. As production begins on a feature adaptation of “Shazam!,” the SSN Crew explores the full history of the Artist Formerly Known as Captain Marvel and his Shazam Family from their early days at Fawcett Comics to their acquisition and revival by DC Comics. We also discuss Shazam’s struggles through lawsuits, trademark battles, racist caricature sidekicks, reboots on top of reboots, and the wackiest supporting cast of any other DC Comics hero.
• 0:00:00: Introduction
• 0:09:08: Secret Origins of Fawcett Comics and Captain Marvel (Shazam!)
• 0:25:22: Shazam! Characters
• 0:46:43: Superman vs. Captain Marvel: In Federal Court!
• 1:05:38: DC Revival and “Shazam!” TV Shows
• 1:25:41: “The Power of Shazam!”, and “JSA”/”52″/Black Adam Time
• 1:37:58: Shazam! in the DC Animated Universe
• 1:56:27: “The Trials of Shazam!”
• 2:01:11: Shazam! in the New 52
• 2:23:52: Development of the “Shazam!” Movie
WHERE TO FIND US:
Come join our new Facebook group!
Check out the SSNP Network feed at:
You can also find our show at http://ssnpodcast.com
Please rate us five stars if you love us on iTunes and Stitcher and we will read your reviews on the show! You can also leave us a voicemail at (404) 954-0349 or email us at email@example.com.
Want to help support the show? Visit http://ssnpodcast.com/donate/ to leave us a PayPal donation!